10 Upgrades that Will Increase Your Rental Value
So you have a rental property that you want to offer furnished and you want to be able to ask for top dollar and attract professional clientele? Follow this guide to raise your property from simply “standard” to “deluxe” and better.
A few upgrades can work wonders especially for the working executive who is in town on a contract assignment. Unlike the leisure visitor who is in Victoria for the attractions, the working executive is more interested in “cocooning” and making the accommodations a real home with convenience and comfort.
- FAST WiFi: one of the most important utility required by executives and professionals. Make sure your WiFi connection is the fastest and strongest you can get. Tenants who have to video-conference with colleagues over the internet as a condition of their work contract will require high speed Wifi. Many tenants will also stream media from the TV or computer so a strong connection is crucial.
- Electronics package: Make your rental guests happy with a smart TV for streaming media. This will save on paying for premium TV channels as everyone likes to watch movies.
- An additional or all-in-one home theater sound bar featuring WiFi enabled blu-ray is a huge bonus.
4.A Custom Closet does a lot to make the property unique and practical. A built-in closet with extra shelves, drawers and organizers is absolutely fantastic and saves on having bulky bureau and dressers in the bedroom.
5. Good lighting and lots of it. Each room should have bright and direct lighting for tasks such as reading, working, sewing or anything where acute visibility is required as well a ambient lighting for overall illumination.
6. Storage – or at least a place to put suitcases out of the way. Your executive renter is here longer than the average holiday guest and an extra place to put personal items will enhance the value of your property.
7.Wine cooler: not necessary but a great addition for beverage storage if you have the space. Providing a wine rack either mounted, stand alone or even countertop is a nice touch.
8.Full size laundry appliances are a fantastic upgrade as laundry can be done faster and more efficient with fuller loads.
9. Bookcases: even one good book case can hold reading materials and help keep the place de-cluttered.
10. Beach towels, beach blanket, picnic essentials – very important if your property has a shared BBQ patio, pool or sauna but equally important so that your tenants don’t have to take your good towels to the pool deck or local beach.
These are some suggestions that will make your place really stand out for for which you can charge top dollar.