Who we are
Our website address is: https://downtownfurnishedrentals.com. We offer access to furnished and unfurnished rental listings in Victoria, BC. Your personal details and data are important to us in order to better serve our clients and we take it seriously.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Personal Profile, Form Data
When visitors submit an inquiry or submit a message from the site we collect the data shown in the form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection. The information we ask of visitors is to assist us in assisting them in finding a suitable property and answering any question regarding our services that they may have.
With Whom We Share your Data
Your privacy is important to us and we do not share, lend, sell, rent or otherwise provide any other OUTSIDE party with your personal contact details and information without your consent.
What Happens to Your Data
- Data is only retained for 30 days. By then our clients have moved on or booked a property. Once they are a tenant in one of our properties only hard copy profiles and documents are kept in our office or cloud based storage for executed leases and agreements.
- CC info: Our credit card processor is the only third party that stores by encryption your credit card details that you may have provided to us. We do not keep that information ourselves on our servers or on any hard drive in our offices. Instead, we print and store a hard copy of your card on file for future use as long as you are a tenant.
- Destruction of Personal Files: When you are no longer a tenant, your credit card file is destroyed.
- How we protect your data Our servers encrypt your contact details for 30 days. No credit card details are stored online or on any office hard drive but instead are stored as hard copy in our office storage files.
- Data breach protection We employ strong firewalls on our office computers and 126 bit encryption on our servers plus an additional firewall and third party brute force protection.
- Document copies Copies of your rental agreements, invoices or other confidential documents are provided to you electronically and stored in office or in the cloud for up to one year.
Cookies includes no personal data and simply indicates the date of your visit. It expires after 1 day.
Where we send your data
Your personal information may be shared with the owner of your property. Your Credit Card details are provided to our processor “Elavon” for processing purposes.
If a background or credit check is conducted, the third party checker will receive your name and address.